Our Gender reveal party was the brain child of my super creative wife and fell on the weekend of week 22 of our pregnancy journey. She had been inspired by the many amazing ideas other people have executed to perfection … Continue reading
I’m going to try to put this list in order of importance, so that you get an insight into my thought processes, which hopefully aren’t too out of whack! Continue reading
I can honestly say, I don’t mind and in many ways relish the idea of being able to change my Lady Bugs diapers! Continue reading
I’ve always lived my life talking about my blessings rather than my burdens, and its been an effective way to develop solid foundations in life. I like to think my perception of the positives in my own little universe has … Continue reading
So the day is upon us. The last Christmas we will celebrate (in the commercial and communal sense) as a duo! We are only 6 weeks away from our little miracle to come along and change our lives forever and … Continue reading
Recently, I’ve been feeling as though I could be doing more, or SHOULD be doing more to contribute to preparing for the arrival of our first little baby. All I’ve done so far is put a new floor in the … Continue reading
Certain things will make blokes uncomfortable no matter how much they think they’ve gotten their heads around the whole situation. I’ve come up with a selection of things that have made me wince so far!
- One salary and an extra person – I must plan and budget like I have never planned and budgeted before! The PS4 might have to wait.
- The business end during delivery – I’ll be desperately waiting for a stork to fly through the window with our baby. Oh the helplessness.
- C – Section – the terrifying idea that your loved one will be opened up wide enough for a Christmas turkey to casually stroll out of her abdomen will never sit well with me.
- Maternity waiting rooms – Other pregnant women of all shapes sizes sat next to their respective partners who look as lost and ashen faced as you.
- The Midwife ignorance – I’m sat right there. You can talk to me too.
- Your friends’ birth stories – I didn’t need to know that the consultant had her hand all the way in. Leave those details for the conversation with my wife. And lets face it, she probably doesn’t want to hear that either!
- Buggy testing – I know how to test drive a car. Surely buggies cant be that complicated? Think again. Folding one is like trying to solve a Rubix cube with your toes.
- How much useless things cost – A nappy warmer is how much?!
- The words tear, snip, stretch and swell – These sound excruciating enough to me, I can only imagine how Mrs D feels.
- Breastfeeding – Yes its wonderful, natural and the best thing for my baby. Yes I’ll be supportive, accepting and totally for it… But-its-still-weird!
Anything I’ve missed guys?
Clothes shopping has got to be one of my most hateful things to do (electronics on the other hand, bring it on). The idea of trudging around the shops and malls spending extortionate amounts of money on clothing … Continue reading
Things change rapidly after you find out you’re expecting. Your mind is filled with question after question and from day 1 the overwhelming hope is that your baby is ok. I quickly realized that despite watching my nephew grow and … Continue reading
– The mere sight of her dog – The thought of how much she loves her dog, her bump, her mum and me (in that order) – Followed closely by how much she loves eggs. Scrambled, poached, fried or boiled, … Continue reading