I suspect that having my daughter come into my world, will remain one of the most eye-opening and horizon expanding experiences of my entire life. She arrived, and touched my heart, soul and mind in so many inexplicable ways. She … Continue reading
We need to accept our ambitions as a gift rather than a curse and take effective action. Two years in… Before she came along, I had this crazy fantasy of having a shed-load of spare time to do things like … Continue reading
People we meet always ask me about how old Bumble is. Whenever I reply with her age, it’s inevitably followed by ‘OMG, already? Time flies with kids doesn’t it!?’
Actually… No… it doesn’t. Continue reading
Recently, I’ve been feeling as though I could be doing more, or SHOULD be doing more to contribute to preparing for the arrival of our first little baby. All I’ve done so far is put a new floor in the … Continue reading
Certain things will make blokes uncomfortable no matter how much they think they’ve gotten their heads around the whole situation. I’ve come up with a selection of things that have made me wince so far!
- One salary and an extra person – I must plan and budget like I have never planned and budgeted before! The PS4 might have to wait.
- The business end during delivery – I’ll be desperately waiting for a stork to fly through the window with our baby. Oh the helplessness.
- C – Section – the terrifying idea that your loved one will be opened up wide enough for a Christmas turkey to casually stroll out of her abdomen will never sit well with me.
- Maternity waiting rooms – Other pregnant women of all shapes sizes sat next to their respective partners who look as lost and ashen faced as you.
- The Midwife ignorance – I’m sat right there. You can talk to me too.
- Your friends’ birth stories – I didn’t need to know that the consultant had her hand all the way in. Leave those details for the conversation with my wife. And lets face it, she probably doesn’t want to hear that either!
- Buggy testing – I know how to test drive a car. Surely buggies cant be that complicated? Think again. Folding one is like trying to solve a Rubix cube with your toes.
- How much useless things cost – A nappy warmer is how much?!
- The words tear, snip, stretch and swell – These sound excruciating enough to me, I can only imagine how Mrs D feels.
- Breastfeeding – Yes its wonderful, natural and the best thing for my baby. Yes I’ll be supportive, accepting and totally for it… But-its-still-weird!
Anything I’ve missed guys?
Clothes shopping has got to be one of my most hateful things to do (electronics on the other hand, bring it on). The idea of trudging around the shops and malls spending extortionate amounts of money on clothing … Continue reading
Things change rapidly after you find out you’re expecting. Your mind is filled with question after question and from day 1 the overwhelming hope is that your baby is ok. I quickly realized that despite watching my nephew grow and … Continue reading
– The mere sight of her dog – The thought of how much she loves her dog, her bump, her mum and me (in that order) – Followed closely by how much she loves eggs. Scrambled, poached, fried or boiled, … Continue reading
She woke me up at 7:20am and elatedly shouted “its positive, its positive!!!” In my sleepy stupor it took me 10 seconds to work out what she was talking about. In that time I realized she had taken another pregnancy … Continue reading